- Cucurbit downy mildew has been confirmed on cucumber in New Jersey. To date, cucurbit downy mildew has been reported on cucumber and melon in the mid-Atlantic region. All cucumber growers need to add a downy mildew-specific fungicide to their weekly fungicide programs. All cucurbit growers need to scout on a regular basis.
- Dickeya dianthicola was confirmed in New Jersey on ‘Dark Red Chieftain’ originating from New Brunswick, Canada this past week. This is the third report of Dickeya on seed originating from Canada this summer. ‘Yukon Gold’ and ‘Reba’ from New Brunswick, Canada have also tested positive. In total, Dickeya dianthicola has been confirmed in 16 states to date. All potato growers are encouraged to scout fields and report any suspect plants/tubers. The best method for keeping your potato operation Dickeya-free is to adopt your own 0% Dickeya-tolerance policy.
- Pepper anthracnose is being reported in southern New Jersey.
- Cucurbit powdery mildew is active on all cucurbit crops.
- There have been no new reports of Late blight this this past week.
September 6, 2016