- Cucurbit downy mildew has been confirmed on cucumber in New Jersey. To date, cucurbit downy mildew has been reported on cucumber and melon in the mid-Atlantic region. All cucumber growers need to add a downy mildew-specific fungicide to their weekly fungicide programs. All cucurbit growers need to scout on a regular basis.
- Dickeya dianthicola has been confirmed in 16 states to date. All potato growers are encouraged to scout fields and report any suspect plants/tubers. The best method for keeping your potato operation Dickeya-free is to adopt your own 0% Dickeya-tolerance policy.
- Pepper anthracnose is being reported in southern New Jersey.
- Cucurbit powdery mildew is active on all cucurbit crops.
- Late blight was reported on tomato near Blacksburg, Virginia this past week.
August 25, 2016