- Late blight was reported in organic tomato field in southern New Jersey on 8/14. There have been no new reports of late blight in the state this past week.
- Basil downy mildew remains active.
- Pepper anthracnose has flared up in the southern part of the state.
- Phomopsis fruit rot has been found on eggplant in Salem County.
- Conditions for downy mildew development on many crops have been ideal this past week with the cooler temperatures and dewy mornings. Downy mildew has been reported on cucumbers, basil, and crucifer crops. Remember, the fungicides recommended for controlling downy mildew are specific and need to be incorporated into weekly maintenance applications.
August 25, 2014