- Bacterial leaf spot race 6 has been confirmed on bell pepper in the Vineland area. This has major implications since all widely-grown peppers (bell and non-bell) in New Jersey do not have resistance to this race. All bell peppers growers need to scout on a regular basis and know what BLS resistance packages are present in the varieties they are growing.
- There have been no new reports of late blight in New Jersey since 7/8 although it has been reported in other States in the region. To track late blight in the US please visit http://usablight.org/
- Cucurbit downy mildew has been reported on cucumber in New Jersey and on cucumber and butternut squash. All cucurbit growers should include downy as well as powdery mildew specific fungicides in their weekly maintenance sprays. To track the progress of CDM in the US please visit http://cdm.ipmpipe.org/.
- Basil downy mildew remains active across the region.
- Pepper anthracnose has been reported.
August 11, 2015