- Asparagus rust has been reported. All growers with nursery, 1-, or 2 yr-old plantings should scout regularly and apply a protectant fungicide if one hasn’t initiated fungicide program to date.
- Bacterial leaf spot in pepper has been reported in southern New Jersey.
- Cucurbit downy mildew has been confirmed on cucumber in New Jersey. All cucurbit growers need to scout on a regular basis. All cucumber growers need to add a downy mildew-specific fungicide to their weekly fungicide programs.
- Basil downy mildew has been confirmed in southern and central New Jersey. All conventional basil growers should be on a preventative spray program prior to the arrival of the disease.
- Reports of Dickeya dianthicola in potato continue across the east coast. Dickeya dianthicola has been confirmed in 10 states to date on potato seed originating from Maine and New Brunswick, Canada this growing season. All potato growers are encouraged to scout fields and report any suspect plants/tubers.
July 19, 2016