- Basil downy mildew has been confirmed in southern and central New Jersey.
- Cucurbit downy mildew has been confirmed as far north as Maryland this week.
- Bacterial canker in tomato has been reported.
- Angular leaf spot of cucumber has been reported. Water-soaked lesions similar to cucurbit downy mildew appear on the bottom of the leaves at first. In the case of angular leaf spot, caused by a bacterium, no spores will develop on the underside of leaves.
- Reports and sampling for Dickeya dianthicola in potato across the east coast continue.
June 30, 2016