- No basil downy mildew has been reported in the field to date in New Jersey. However, with current weather conditions expected all week, all basil growers should consider scouting on a daily basis and consider taking appropriate preventative measures.
- Cucurbit downy mildew has been reported on cucumber as far north as central North Carolina as of 6/9. To track cucurbit downy mildew in the US please visit http://cdm.ipmpipe.org/
- No late blight has been reported in the region and has only been found as far north as central Florida to-date. To track late blight in the US please visit http://usablight.org/.
- P-days for the first application for Early blight control in potato are quickly approaching the 300 threshold.
- The rainy and wet conditions expected most of this week make it ideal conditions for the spread of bacterial diseases in tomatoes and peppers. Take measures to avoid working in fields (i.e., staking and tying) when leaves are wet. Remember, the process of staking and tying creates wounds on leaves and stems which allow entry points for bacteria (and fungi) to enter the plant.
June 9, 2014