Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
Location: Rutgers Snyder Farm, 140 Locust Grove Road, Pittstown, NJ 08867
6:00 p.m. Orchard Tour – Leaves promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- Observe NC-140 – Apple Rootstock Trials
- Observe 5 high density apple Tall Spindle Apple Plantings and Trellis Systems Planted 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, Spacing varies from 2×10, 3×14 and 3×12
- Asian Pear Variety Trial – 5th leaf
- Update on the Rutgers NJAES Project to release new strawberry varieties for the eastern US
Peter Nitzsche, Win Cowgill, Bill Hulbik – Rutgers Cooperative Extension (RCE)
6:50 p.m. (back indoors)
- Stone and Pome Fruit: Bacterial Disease Management
Dr. Norm Lalancette, Specialist in Tree Fruit Pomology, RCE
- Utilizing thresholds in IPM for fruit pests
Anne Nielsen, Specialist in Tree Fruit Entomology, RCE
- Key Timings and Treatments for Tree Fruit
Dean Polk, RCE IPM
- Crop Insurance Update
Dave Lee, RCE of Salem County
- Update on Pesticide Regulations for 2015
Peter Nitzsche, RCE of Morris County
- Apogee for Fireblight and Growth Control
- Chemical Thinning Update with Plant Growth Regulators
Pesticide Recertification Credits will be awarded.