A message from Kelly Steimle, Risk Management Program Assistant, Garden State Crop Insurance Education Initiative, about USDA Farm Safety Net.
Created to inform New Jersey ag producers about crop insurance, the Garden State Crop Insurance Education Initiative Team makes available important information through multiple media outlets. Get the latest news by visiting the website or follow via blog, Facebook, or Twitter.
Important Upcoming Insurance Closing Dates
RMA’s Multiple Peril Crop Insurance Policy Sales Closing Dates:
- May 31, 2015 – Nursery changes to existing policies
- July 31, 2015 – Fall Forage Seeding Sales Closing
- September 30, 2015 – Barley Sales Closing, Wheat Sales Closing, Forage Production Sales Closing
- November 20, 2015 – Apple Sales Closing Blueberry Sales Closing Cranberry Sales Closing Peach Sales Closing
- Continuous – LGM-Dairy, Nursery
FSA’s NAP Sales Closing Dates:
- August 1, 2015 – Strawberries
- September 1, 2015 – Aquaculture, Christmas Trees, Flowers, Sod
- September 30, 2015 – Barley, Clover, Grass, Mixed Forage, Rye, Wheat
- November 20, 2015 – Apples, Apricots, Blueberries, Caneberries, Cherries, Cranberries, Grapes, Honey, Onions Nectarines, Peaches, Pears, Plums
- Dec 31, 2015 – Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Greens, Herb, Horseradish, Peas, Leeks, Lettuce, Turnips, Potatoes, Radishes