The Rutgers Cooperative Extension Agricultural Agents of Atlantic, Cumberland and Gloucester Counties invite you to the first commercial vegetable twilight meeting of the 2015 season to discuss early spring crop pest control, label updates and management topics. Feel free to bring plant, insect, disease, or weed samples to the meeting to have them identified, or perhaps you can stump the experts. Please bring samples in sealed plastic bags.
Pesticide Recertification Credits have been requested for this meeting.
Date: Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Location: East Vineland Fire Hall, Landis Ave. across from the Savoy Restaurant
(park behind the building and enter conference room door in rear)
- 7:00pm Weed Control – Review of the Basics
–Rick VanVranken, RCE Atlantic
- 7:30pm Economic Benefits of Maintaining Native Pollinator Habitat
–Elizabeth Schuster, Environmental Economist, The Nature Conservancy
- 7:50pm NRCS Programs Supporting IPM/Organic Transition/Pollinator Habitat
–Nicholas Saumweber, District Conservationist, NRCS
- 8:10pm Early Season Insect Pests and Insecticide Updates
–Joe Mahar, Vegetable IPM Coordinator
- 8:30pm Vegetable Disease Control Options for Spring Crops
–Dr. Andy Wyenandt, RAREC
- 9:00pm Pesticide Regs & Worker Protection Standards Update for the Coming Season
–Michelle Infante-Casella, RCE Gloucester
- 9:30pm Questions & Answers